With 90 Days to go until our Longest Marathon Church Organ Playing Record Attempt – here’s an update:
Fr Nick George, vicar of St Giles’ and Ashley have been recording an introduction to the organ restoration and the world record attempt which we hope to show on the website soon.
OPENING NIGHT GALA DINNER
We’re putting the finishing touches to our plans for the opening night. We’re very excited about a possible celebrity involvement too!
With 48 hours to fill, we require a lot of music and one of the stipulations of the record attempt is that every piece performed has to have been published. That means no improvisation is allowed. To keep track of the music we will need a team of librarians and we’re already working on a play list. Nearer the time, there’ll be an opportunity to sponsor music – and we hope to hold a vote on which piece of music finishes the record attempt.
We’re going to need lots of help in our attempt. Soon we hope to set up an online form where you can volunteer your support – in the meantime if you can help with any of the following, please Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Time Keepers with accurate stop watches
- Solicitors, audit and other professionals who can act as official witnesses
- Stewards to maintain minute-by-minute logbooks of the entire attempt
- People who can help to film the whole event
- All manner of other assistance including fundraising, food & drink, help on the door, and moral support for Ashley over a 48 hour period